What are their basic functions?
- to serve notice of something on somebody and to execute decisions rendered by courts and tribunals,
- to obtain the repayment of debts,
- to certify.
The huissier de justice is an advisor:
· The Huissier de Justice solves conflicts between landlords and tenants, difficulties related to separation or divorce procedures. For instance, he/she ensures that the access to the children is respected.
· The Huissier de Justice advises companies about their future partners. He/she obtains the repayment of debts.
The huissier de justice is an mediator:
· The Huissier de Justice attempts to find an amicable solution and to avoid lengthy and expensive procedures.
· The Huissier de Justice is a conciliator. He/she avoids the recourse to courts and tribunals. He/she in some ways replaces the Justice of the Peace.
Copyright © 1995-2008 J Lonbay. All rights reserved.
Revised: 30 September, 2008.
suggestions to improve this page are always welcome. Comment